Congratulations to the following three PACC juniors who have been awarded with $250 each to assist with their cycling journey.
Despite the disruption to events caused by Covid-19, these riders have shown great perseverance and determination to be selected in the South Australian junior state track cycling team and achieve fantastic results.
- Anna began track cycling in September 2019 in the Talent ID program.
- In December 2020 Anna competed at the State Track Championships at the Velodrome in the U17 age group. She won gold in the 500m time trial, match sprint and team sprint. Her team came second in the team pursuit.
- Selected in the 2020 SA State Track cycling team. Unfortunately, the event has not gone ahead.
Anna aims to improve her racing skills and perform well at Nationals when she hopefully has a chance to attend.
She proudly wears her Port Adelaide kit at competitions and has recently competed in Sprint Wars, organised by Dave Miller.
- Joined PACC just less than 2 years ago and thanks to the support and encouragement from club members, was then picked up by the Talent ID program and has since been selected for the State Development Team.
- In September 2020, won the Kilkenny CC Helen Baird Memorial Junior U17 Omnium.
- In December 2020, competed in the State track championships and won silver in team sprint and bronze in team pursuit.
- Selected in the SA State team to compete in the junior track nationals in the sprint events, but unfortunately these were postponed several times due to Covid.
- In early 2021, won races at the Edwardstown Australia Day event
- 4th in the U17 State criterium championship
- More recently, Charlie has posted new personal best times in the flying 200 (11.67) and the 500 time trial (35.9).
- William was selected as the only first year U15 for the SA state track team for 2021 based on his performance from Oct 2020-Feb 2021. He was part of the U15 pursuit team who broke the state record in December and medalled in all events at the 2021 track championships last December.
- He won the silver medal in the state criterium championships.
- Finished in second place for the Super series where he raced B grade, a mix of U15 and newer U17 riders.
Unfortunately the National Championships have been postponed three times this year so he has been unable to compete.
He is working towards selection for the road team and if border restrictions allow, will compete in the rescheduled track championships in September.
Photo: Left - Anna, Middle - Charlie, Right - Will.
Anna's photo provided by Leanne Attard, Charlie & William's photos supplied by Tim Loft.News , Juniors