PACC is run entirely run by volunteers!
We have lots of opportunities for cycling enthusiasts to be involved in our events, training and much more. Or perhaps you have a special skill that you might like to invest your time with for the club?
It could be a one-off occasion or something you might like to on-going, whatever you are willing to do - the committee will support you! Not only will you help make our cycling community stronger, but it can also provide you with some very positive and rewarding experiences.
If you'd like to know more, please send the PACC committee a message via Facebook / Insta or email [email protected].
Here are some volunteer opportunities that we'd love to see you get involved in:
PACC is seeking EOIs from anyone with a current SA driver's licence (car or motorcycle) and AusCycling membership to help drive the scooter at our Thursday night moto pace training sessions at Hanson Reserve Velodrome.
The following experience is desirable but not essential, as you will receive plenty of instruction from an experienced motor pacer.
- Previous track riding or racing experience
- Previous bunch riding experience
- Previous use of a motor scooter or motorcycle
We will also provide you with plenty of time on the velodrome to become familiar both with the motor scooter and the track itself before undertaking any pacing activity. The aim is to have a pool of available drivers and rotate attendance, so ideally you'd only be required once or twice a month.
For Hanson Reserve Velodrome track sessions on Thursday evenings. To help riders and motorpacers be aware of laps remaining for each effort.
EVENT DAY VOLUNTEERS
- Number callers - to keep manual backup record of rider's position as the pass-through start/finish line
- Scribes - person recording number called out as rider passes through the start/finish line
- Set up/pack down - assisting with signage and event equipment required for the event to take place
- Rego sign-on - finding riders on start list and marking off on arrival, assisting with issue of new numbers or timing chips
- Presentation - preparing results and prizes for each category
- Trailor assistance - do you have a vehicle with a tow ball? Can you help transport the PACC trailer to/from the Superdrome to our events?
COACHING / RIDE LEADERS
PACC is willing to cover the cost of your coaching accreditation return for your time to run some training or skill sessions (both on and off-road) for our members.
Or perhaps you would be happy to 'lead' a club training or social ROAD / CX / or MTB ride?
SOCIAL MEDIA / COMMUNICATIONS
Fancy yourself as a Facebook or Insta guru? Want to help us share our news, events or prepare articles for our website? We'd love to hear from you..